Natural fruit smoothie on a stick
We all want to binge on ice-cream to cool down on hot days, but doing that all the time will make your body cry for help. Stuff yourself with one of these healthy fruit popsicles instead, which are creamy, refreshing and super fun to make! With no added sugar, colouring or gelatine, these colourful pops are as good as it gets for your body.
Created using simple and natural ingredients, this recipe is easy on the wallet and can be easily tweaked to produce more popsicles. Great for parties or as an afternoon perk-me-up, these are perfect for everyone who needs to cool down on hot and humid days.
Ingredients (makes 4 popsicles)
- 4 tbsps frozen banana
- 4 tbsps plain yogurt
- Pink: 1/2 cup strawberries
- Orange: 1 tin canned peaches
- Purple: 1 cup blueberries
- Green: 1 whole avocado
- Red: 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Popsicle mould
- Blend frozen banana and yogurt together, until smooth.
- Transfer smoothie base to a bowl, set aside.
- In clean blender, add the ingredients for the red layer and 1/5 of smoothie base.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to separate bowl.
- Wash blender and repeat for each layer.
- Carefully layer 1 tbsp of each colour into popsicle mould.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Fill a big bowl with warm water.
- Lower mould into the bowl, ensuring water does not seep in.
- Wiggle the popsicles free.
- Serve immediately.