Make your own curry chicken in half an hour
Curry is one of those dishes that looks complicated but is actually pretty easy to make. Whether you’re a beginner or a Masterchef-wannabe, this curry chicken recipe will definitely impress your family and friends.
The best thing about this recipe is you have complete control over all the ingredients – ain’t nobody got time to go through the ingredients in a pre-mix – and you can decide on the level of spiciness you want. The one we used here has a mild-medium spiciness that goes well with the creamy coconut base. What’s more, all you need is half an hour to make this – weeknight dinners can’t get any easier.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bulb garlic
- 10 dried chillies
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tomato
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into half
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- 200ml coconut cream
- Large mixing bowl
- Large frypan
- Blend onion, garlic and dried chillies until a smooth paste is formed.
- In large frypan, stir-fry mixture with olive oil until fragrant.
- Add lemongrass, tomato and tumeric powder into spice base.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Add water and a pinch of salt.
- Add potatoes and leave to boil for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Add coconut cream and turn to low heat for 1 minute.
- Mix well and serve with rice or bread.