As a lover of food, Michelin starred restaurants serve as places of pilgrimage on my travels. The draw of some of the best dishes in the world is just too strong to ignore. Alas my life can’t be all travel and food, so I’m super pumped at the InterContinental Hotel Groups (IHG) newly announced Culinary Journey Programme.
The programme features recipies from award winning and Michelin star chefs in the region and their signature dishes. The dishes will be available at various Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn properties in Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
The programme is a great way to try out some of the best dishes of renown chefs at various destinations. Chef Vikas Khanna, a one Michelin star chef has also brought his recipes to the programme so you can have some seriously legit Chicken Tikka Masala in Tokyo if you wish. Here’s a breakdown on the programme schedule:
- 17 – 30 August: Chinese cuisine from Chef Sam Leong
- 31 August – 13 September: Modern Australian by acclaimed Chef Ross Lusted
- 14 –27 September: Thai Cuisine from award winning Chef Ian Kittichai
- 28 September – 11 October: Michelin star Indian cuisine by Chef Vikas Khanna
- 12 – 25 October: Two Michelin star Japanese by Chef Takagi Kazuo
- 26 October – 1 November: Modern Bakery from Chef Dean Brettschneider
- 2 – 15 November: Italian cuisine from top Chef Theo Randall
I’m personally vivid at the thought of having some of Chef Takagi Kazuo’s dishes to grace our shores. Seriously, this is how I feel about the possiblity of having some quality Japanese food for dinner:
In fact I’ll just make that reservation now. Be sure to drop a call to your favourite IHG property to do the same before it’s all gone!
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport:
#01-01, 75 Airport Boulevard, 819664 Singapore
Hotel Front Desk: 65-6-68235301