Mr Softee Chendol returns to 7-Eleven
It took almost two decades, but Mr Softee Chendol is finally back. Available for a limited time, this version of the classic soft-serve dessert uses the exact same recipe as the one we grew up loving.
I still remember how wickedly delightful Mr Softee tasted during my childhood. Looking back, it was the definitive go-to treat for any sugar cravings. The sweet and creamy taste of Mr Softee was my perk-me-up after a ‘long and tiring’ six hours in primary school.
It won’t be difficult to spot the Mr Softee machines, as they take on the design and colours of the popular 80s arcade game, Space Invaders. And to complete the heartwarming nostalgic experience, the familiar jingle of the old-school arcade favourite will be played with every push of the ‘Start’ button. I only wished they could featured other popular video games from my childhood such as Metal Slug and Puzzle Bobble.
Each cup of Mr Softee Chendol will be available at a pocket friendly price of $1.50. While it is currently sold at 10 7-Eleven stores island-wide, you can expect to see even more stores – 37 to be exact – selling the popular soft-serve by September 2018.
Here are the 10 outlets for your Mr Softee Chendol fix:
1. Blk 423 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, #01-260, Singapore 680423
2. Blk 445 Fajar Road, #01-556, Singapore 670445
3. Blk 689B Choa Chu Kang Drive, #01-306, Singapore 682689
4. 170 Bencoolen Street, #01-03, Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, Singapore 189657
5. Blk 446 Pasir Ris Drive #01-112, Singapore 510446
6. 271 Bukit Timah Road, #01-03, Balmoral Plaza, Singapore 259708
7. 11 Orchard Road, #B1-18, Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, Singapore 238826
8. 144 Arab Street, #01-01, Singapore 199829
9. Blk 185 Pasir Ris Street 11, #01-60, Singapore 510185
10. 766 North Bridge Road, Singapore 198734